Hair transplantation is a minimally invasive surgical restoration procedure by which your own hair follicles from donor areas (high density and those with permanent roots) in your body can be transferred to the bald area. Only the permanent hair roots (that is the roots which are resistant to Dihydrotestosterone or DHT) are extracted and transplanted to the desired bald area to achieve natural looking and permanent hair. Hair transplant procedure is a pain free procedure which is performed under local anesthesia.
Several hormonal or genetic reasons lead to the gradual shrinkage or thinning of the hair follicles on the scalp and the hair from these follicles grow progressively shorter and finer until no new hair grow. Hair follicles on the scalp (barring the back and sides of the head) are sensitive to DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and thus, high levels of androgens, including DHT can also make it take longer for follicles to grow new hairs once old hairs fall out.
Some men are more prone to these effects of DHT on scalp hair due to variations in their androgen receptor (AR) gene. Androgen receptors are proteins that allow hormones such as testosterone and DHT to bind to them.
Role of a qualified and experienced surgeon for hair transplantation
- Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution to deal with this problem of baldness. However, it should be noted that this specialty has undergone significant changes over the past 8-10 years—and not all for the better. Advertisements, commercial clinics, salons, Social media, radio, television, and traditional print media try to sell a more risk-free, guaranteed product as opposed to the highly specialized cosmetic surgical procedure that hair transplant actually is. Please note that a cosmetic surgery like hair transplant is extremely meticulous, detail oriented and needs extreme attention to finer details in order to have natural looking aesthetic results.
- Then, where does the buck really stop? Yes, you guessed it right, it stops at the surgeon performing the hair transplantation. One can say that there have been adequate technological advancements, like robotic-assisted surgery, suction-assisted follicular extraction etc in the field of hair transplant. However, it is also a fact that these advancements at best have a marginal influence on enhancing the surgical results because eventually any technology or equipment is user dependent and if it finds its place in the hands of a poorly skilled surgeon or user, then the results could be catastrophic and extremely ugly.
- A strong academic profile of the surgeon ensures that he/she is well versed with the content related to the subject. Being well versed with the content helps preventing bottlenecks during surgeries, to use latest technologies for delivering better results, plan a better course of treatment basis latest advancements in the field. The highest degree in the field of cosmetic surgery in India is MCh.
- An experienced surgeon both in terms of number of years of surgery and number of cases performed ensures that the surgeon will be better in dealing with complications if any and can decide best course of treatment depending upon the patient’s expectations and case profile.
- Performing state-of-the-art hair transplant surgery requires a team effort. In an FUT technique, the surgeon removes a tissue from the back of a patient’s head with the help of a scalpel and provides these tissues to his team for extraction individual follicles or grafts. If the team or the surgeon are not well experienced there is a high risk of high damage rate to the grafts thus, extracted.
- Further, If the surgeon is experienced and good then the procedure can be performed with no visible scarring and one might not be able to notice from where the hair grafts have been extracted.
India boasts of some world class surgeons and clinical set ups in the field of hair transplantation. Medispa Hair transplant clinic in Delhi and Jaipur maintains world class facilities with global standards, techniques and procedures. Medispa hair transplant clinic in Delhi and Jaipur has become a high flyer in the field of hair transplant with consistently delivering astonishing results for past 15 years. Dr Suneet Soni, the owner of Medispa Hair transplant clinic is a world-class hair transplant surgeon and the amount of love and appraise that his patients shower on him, he can be easily referred to be as one of the best hair transplant surgeons in India. Dr. Suneet Soni is very famous for his fine surgical skills and artistic vision which helps him in designing that impeccable hairline for natural looking wonderful results. He has performed more than 5000 successful hair transplant procedures and is an authority in the field.
The icing on the cake is that despite the high quality of treatment, hair transplant cost in India is also very economical and approximately around 20-25% of the cost for a similar treatment in the US, UK or even UAE. Depending upon the case, on an average the cost may vary between INR 60,000 to INR 400,000.
If you are also looking to search the best hair transplant surgeon in India, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Suneet Soni, owner of Medispa Hair Transplant Clinic for a consultation. It will definitely be worth a shot!